Announcing the Jenkins CIA
For years, we've been hearing about covert installations of Jenkins by groups
of developers within larger companies. Rogue engineers, frustrated by the lack
of continuous integration would download
jenkins.war and run it off their
workstation. As time went on, word-of-mouth within the organization spread
Jenkins far and wide.
Today we announce an initiative to help support these rogue agents: the Jenkins CIA. CIA being short for Continuous Integration Ambassador of course.
If you're going to be speaking at a JUG or another event where you will have the opportunity to promote and teach people about Jenkins, you too can join the CIA:
- Send us an email telling us about the event and how many people you expect
- Write us a guest blog post ahead of time, talking about the event
- We dispatch Jenkins stickers and a CIA Agent shirt for you to wear.
- Write up a summary blog post about the event afterwards
In the coming months, we'll start collaborating and creating standard presentations that can be easily re-used to introduce people not only to Jenkins, but continuous integration in general, so stay tuned.
- Agent Dero, over and out.
This message will self-destruct in 5.