I'm testing the new download page.
Within the presentation, Kohsuke included a collection of numbers about the vibrancy of the Jenkins project that certainly hasn't gotten enough attention. While the slideshow is embedded below, here's some good high-level points:
- Over 170 GitHub pull requests in the past four months, with more being sent every day.
- Formalization of a "Jenkins Stable" branch of development with longer release cycles and back-ported bugfixes.
- Over 280 tickets in JIRA have been resolved.
- After posting a "special" release of Hudson which presents users with a choice, 87.25% are choosing to upgrade to Jenkins.
- Over 500 tickets have been created
- Roughly 13,000 downloads of
jenkins.warand native packages a week
- New and vibrant community-driven initiatives like Frederic Camblor's plugin compatibility tester and Charles Lowell's JRuby plugin support project.
- We've crossed 1500 participants on the
jenkinsci-usermailing list, and are over 900 participants on the
- The @jenkinsci twitter account recently crossed the 4,000 follower threshold.
On a personal note, I think this speaks all to the level of unbridled enthusiasm about the future of Jenkins by contributors both new and old.
Without further delay, the slides: